CR WEEK #33:
M TAKING MATTERS IN MY OWN HANDS!

*performance* *installation* *bar* friday 15th of august from 9pm untill 12pm

*perfomance* *installation*
saturday and sunday from 2pm untill 5pm



Fong Ponto is being charged of:

Exhibiting, selling, or distributing of songs, pamflets or any printed text or images that are contrary to order public or morality. article: SWB 383 (Belgium)

REPORT OF THE HEARING AFTER BEING TAKEN IN CUSTODY

About the facts of which I am complained of I declare the following: I am an artist. I was invited by The Conflictroom to make a work for them in Antwerp. I chose to play off two clichés against each other, that is: masturbation and meditation. Hereby two images are being placed opposed to each other, by me. The intention of The Conflictroom is to incite a conflict in order to stimulate debate.
So i was actually meditating on the spot behind the display window of an empty shop. The display window leads to the pedestrian path. On a dvd one can see me masturbating. It is a recording of about two minutes which is looped all the time. I don not ejaculate.
I realise that the images can be offensive to certain people. This also belongs to the idea behind this project.
I wish to clarify that the televisionset was placed on some distance of the display window so that because of the reflection of the sun there was no direct visiblity. People have to stand still to get a look at it. Others can just walk and pass by it.